Title: Scrum Master
Employee Status: Fixed Term Contract (October 2023 – November 2024) Experience Required: Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for two years for a software development team.
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers and on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-managed cross functional teams
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming / refinement and maintaining the product backlog.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown methodologies, various Retrospective formats, handling spikes, bugs, etc.).
Preferred Skills / Experience
Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, BDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
What will we give to you?
- A happy working environment.
- Further education and training to enhance your skillset.
- We empower you to make your own career by working with some of our leading clients and forging new relationships with colleagues and customers.
- A team of highly experienced technology and development professionals to work with and support you.
- A leadership team who have a worthwhile mission and who excel at that mission.
- A chance to work with one of the market leaders in the Taxi Industry, currently disrupting a market and leading change within Mobility.
- A company that is going from strength to strength with significant growth plans that we are achieving.