Title: Android Developer
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
Experience Required: 3 + years or more in an Android Developer Role
Founded in Dublin in 2010, iCabbi provides taxi companies with the tools they need to compete in today’s fast-paced world. Our taxi dispatch software powers over 800,000 rides every day in Ireland, the UK, Finland, the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand – and we’re currently expanding into a number of new markets. iCabbi’s vision is to put taxi companies at the centre of mobility. We support this in three key ways: by building the world’s best taxi dispatch system; delivering a marketplace for open innovation and creating new enterprise models to transform the taxi industry.
We recruit people who are Sound, Participate with passion and purpose, who are Ambitious for our customers and themselves, are Resourceful and use Kinetic energy to spark ideas and put them into motion! Have you got SPARK?
We are looking for a talented Android developer to join the team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our Android native apps. This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and be on the right side of the change that is sweeping this industry. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essnetial.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Develop high quality, testable and performant apps using Agile work practices.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assist product managers and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Do anything else that is thrown your way, we are growing rapidly and our business is always changing.
Who are you?
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience.
- Excellent communication skills, we are looking for a team player!
- Familiarity with RESTful web services using XML/JSON data formats.
- Commercial experience in some common third-party libraries (e.g. Retrofit, Volley, ButterKnife, Dagger, Picasso, GSON, Crashlytics, Google Analytics, JodaTime, Espresso, etc.)
- A deep familiarity with Java and Android Framework.
- Experience of working within a continuous development environment and source code repositories.
- Eager to learn, experiment and get stuck in.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- A positive Team Player who is willing to go the extra mile for their team
- A willingness to deliver great results
What will we give to you?
- A culture which is second to none!
- A very competitive package.
- A happy work environment.
- Opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in a unique industry.
- Further education and training to enhance your skillset.
- We empower you to make your own career by working with some of our leading clients and forging new relationships with colleagues and customers.
- A team of highly experienced technology and development professionals to work with and support you.
- A leadership team who have a worthwhile mission and who excel at that mission.
- A chance to work with one of the market leaders in the Taxi Industry, currently disrupting a market and leading change within Mobility.
- A company that is going from strength to strength with significant growth plans that we are achieving.