Title: iOS Developer
Location: Ireland, UK
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
Experience Required: 7 years or more in a Developer Role, with 5 years minimum in iOS Development
Founded in Dublin in 2010, iCabbi provides taxi companies with the tools they need to compete in today’s fast-paced world. Our taxi dispatch software powers over 750,000 rides every day in Ireland, the UK, Finland, the USA, and Canada – and we’re currently expanding into a number of new markets. iCabbi’s vision is to put taxi companies at the centre of mobility. We support this in three key ways: by building the world’s best taxi dispatch system; delivering a marketplace for open innovation and creating new enterprise models to transform the taxi industry.
We recruit people who are Sound, Participate with passion and purpose, who are Ambitious for our customers and themselves, are Resourceful and use Kinetic energy to spark ideas and put them into motion! Have you got SPARK?
We are looking for a talented iOS developer to join the team. As a Senior iOS Developer, you will play a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies and software development for the delivery of a portfolio of our high-profile applications. This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and be on the right side of the change that is sweeping this industry. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong enterprise-class mobile application development experience.
- Customer Engagement – Liaise weekly with our Customer Focused Teams with Product Owners during development cycles; as the subject matter expert you will be able to guide/mentor the other app team members in choosing the optimum features for development cycles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed.
- Proficient in iOS SDK and Swift/Objective C, and at least one other modern programming language.
- Familiar with working with APIs and popular 3rd party libraries.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases usability and general reliability.
- Develop high quality, testable and performant apps using Agile work practices.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assist product managers and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What will you bring to us?
- 7+ years of professional iOS development experience.
- Excellent communication skills, we are looking for a team player!
- Commercial experience in some common third-party libraries (e.g. Retrofit, Volley, ButterKnife, Dagger, Picasso, GSON, Crashlytics, Google Analytics, JodaTime, Espresso, etc.)
- A deep familiarity with Java and iOS Framework.
- Experience of working within a continuous development environment and source code repositories.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- A positive Team Player who is willing to go the extra mile for their team members.
- A willingness to deliver great results.
What would be great if you did have?
- Github and Jira.
- Experience of collaborating with a UI/UX team.
- Experience in integration with Bluetooth devices.
- Experience in Interaction with Google APIs (e.g. Location Services, Google Maps, GCM, Google Analytics, Firebase, etc.)
What will we give to you?
- A happy work environment.
- Further education and training to enhance your skillset.
- We empower you to make your own career by working with some of our leading clients and forging new relationships with colleagues and customers.
- A team of highly experienced technology and development professionals to work with and support you.
- A leadership team who have a worthwhile mission and who excel at that mission.
- A chance to work with one of the market leaders in the Taxi Industry, currently disrupting a market and leading change within Mobility.
- A company that is going from strength to strength with significant growth plans that we are achieving.