Title: Software Developer
Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
Experience: 2 years minimum in a Development Role working with PHP and the full LAMP stack
Founded in Dublin in 2010, iCabbi provides taxi companies with the tools they need to compete in today’s fast-paced world. Our taxi dispatch software powers over 800,000 rides every day in Ireland, the UK, Finland, the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand – and we’re currently expanding into a number of new markets. iCabbi’s vision is to put taxi companies at the centre of mobility. We support this in three key ways: by building the world’s best taxi dispatch system; delivering a marketplace for open innovation and creating new enterprise models to transform the taxi industry.
We recruit people who are Sound, Participate with passion and purpose, who are Ambitious for our customers and themselves, are Resourceful and use Kinetic energy to spark ideas and put them into motion! Have you got SPARK?
As a member of the Development Team within iCabbi, your role will be to develop and support our in-house telephony platform for a wide range of customers, primarily in the taxi industry.
This includes working closely with the rest of the Development Team to work on new features for the telephony products along with iCabbi product exposure, as well as enhancing and perfecting the current capabilities of the platform. Duties also include assisting with the continued support of the platform alongside the support team when needed. Freedom to work remotely, however you will be required to come to the office at least once a week.
- Provide a consistent and professional service which supports the delivery of business plans.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Development Team to ensure development is conducted in a professional manner and to business standards.
- Contribute to positive change, supporting new ways of working within the Team, including supporting work outside of your own functional area and/or team.
- Provide a visible and proactive service, developing credibility and trust with our wide customer base.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance development process and team efficiency.
- Demonstrate a commitment to on-going personal development, developing skills/competencies to support new technologies and ways of working.
- Ensure the appropriate escalation of issues and areas of concern to the relevant manager.
- Work with other Team members on the delivery of identified objectives.
- To fulfil all development tasks assigned via the roadmap allocated by the Product team.
- To keep track of all development progress via Jira.
- To fully manage all code created in the business Git repositories.
Who are you?
- 2 years minimum experience as a Software Developer
- Good understanding of databases, mainly MySQL
- Good understanding of GIT.
- Good knowledge of PHP
- Good understand of Linux based cloud servers
- Having excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- Self-motivated with a professional, positive and customer focused work ethic.
- Strong aptitude for seeing tasks or projects through to completion.
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role.
- Experience using the Zendesk support desk environment.
- Basic understanding of PBX based telephony systems.
- Basic understanding of Asterisk.
- Experience with AWS
- Ability to effectively debug and test code
- Experience working with and using NodeJS
What will we give to you?
- A culture which is second to none!
- A happy work environment.
- Opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in a unique industry.
- Further education and training to enhance your skillset.
- We empower you to make your own career by working with some of our leading clients and forging new relationships with colleagues and customers.
- A team of highly experienced technology and development professionals to work with and support you.
- A leadership team who have a worthwhile mission and who excel at that mission.
- A chance to work with one of the market leaders in the Taxi Industry, currently disrupting a market and leading change within Mobility.
- A company that is going from strength to strength with significant growth plans that we are achieving.